Ekurhuleni Mayor Mzwandile Masina kicked off state-of-the-city-address season in Gauteng with a speech that added 11 new promises to our database.
- We will continue ramping up [Capex] … and the target is to reach R10 billion by 2021.
- We will not tolerate any form of corruption or maladministration in Ekurhuleni.
- This financial year we will be releasing 80 farms to commercial farmers and for the development of small farmers.
— CITY OF EKURHULENI (@City_Ekurhuleni) March 27, 2018
- We will soon finalise the Mintirho set aside programme and we are certain that lots of local entrepreneurs will benefit. We have received not less than 6 000 applications and they are all going through various stages of evaluation. We commit [to] concluding the entire process before the start of our new financial year.
- … we have continued our work to bring to operation our bus rapid transport system, which we call the Harambee. We have experienced some challenges in its rollout but have now put in place tight monitoring systems that must lead us to operationalise it before the end of this financial year.
- We plan to construct an additional 30km of new roads to add to the existing road network … We further undertake to do maintenance work on more than 3 000km; this includes rehabilitation and the patching of potholes.
- We will finally implement in full scale the Keep Ekurhuleni Clean programme.
- The programme of the renaming of our major on- and off-ramps within the national roads will soon be undertaken in consultation with communities.
- We currently have 41% of all our senior managers being women and we promise to ensure 50/50 once all vacancies are filled.
- The City will continue making bursaries available for first year students and our ambition is to take the bursary fund to about R250 million by the time we leave office …
- This year we will complete three Early Childhood Development Centres in Vosloorus, Tsakane and Eden Park. These centres will benefits many children from poor communities within the City.
Click on this link to see all Masina’s promises.
Did Masina keep his promise on housing delivery? What we found.